Federal Express Services for Island Residents
Daufuskie Island residents now have the option to use Federal Express services to receive FedEx, FedEx Home, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight packages. The Daufuskie Island Ferry Visitor Center is a Federal Express clearing station for all FedEx packages addressed to Daufuskie Island recipients.
Island residents will be notified when a FedEx package addressed to them arrives at the Visitors Center. Residents may choose to pick up the package there between the hours of 9 and 4, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays, or they can arrange to have the package delivered by the Captain to the Melrose Landing luggage transfer area at a specific time any weekday.
The fee payable to DIFS by credit card is $10 for pick up at the Visitors Center or $20 if delivered to Melrose Landing. If you are going to have the package sent over to Melrose Landing, call the ferry office (843 940 7704) to make payment and set up ferry delivery details. Unclaimed packages will be returned to FedEx. Please be sure to add the Visitor Center address, (1536 Fording Island Road, Bluffton, SC 29926) to the delivery information for any of your Daufuskie-bound FedEx orders.
Daufuskie Island Non-emergency COVID-19 Medical Transport
The following non-emergency COVID-19 medical transport procedures are effective immediately and will be followed until further notice. The purpose of this policy is to transport individuals who are feeling sick to the mainland in a vessel other than the regular ferries.
Individuals who require non-emergency medical transportation will be transported on a water taxi from Melrose Landing to Buckingham Landing during normal business hours.
Individuals who think they are symptomatic will be transported from Melrose Landing to Buckingham in accordance with the following procedures:
• Transportation shall be provided on a separate vessel.
• The crew and vessel will be assigned by Haig Point marine management.
• The captain will determine who will be allowed to accompany the patient.
• The patient will wear a mask.
• The crew will wear a N-95 mask and gloves.
• All present on the boat will maintain a distance of six feet from the patient, if possible.
• The crew will de-contaminate the boat after the patient has left.
• The boat will not be used for passengers until it has been completely de- contaminated.
• A written record of each transport will be submitted to the Director of Transportation.
If an individual on Daufuskie Island requires non-emergency medical transport, they should call the Daufuskie Island Ferry office at 843-940-7704. That individual will provide the office staff with a credit card to be used to cover the $250 taxi fee unless it is waived by confirmation of a doctor visit.
If you have any questions or concerns about Daufuskie Island Ferry policies, please call 843-940-7704. The crew is tasked with operations and is not responsible for company policy.
Parking at Melrose Landing
Notices have been placed on all the cars parked at Melrose Landing advising the owners to call 843-341-8106 to register their vehicles if they wanted to continue parking at the landing. We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, call Captain Richard at 843-341-8106.
Decal Parking Policies
Individuals with a parking decal on the bumper of their automobile should be aware of the following:
- That the decal is not transferrable (parking privileges apply ONLY to the car to which the decal is attached).
- That decal parking payments of $50.00 per month are due regardless of whether or not the car is parked in the lot.
- That decal parking payments must be made on time whether paying monthly, quarterly, annually or otherwise.
- That cars with decals must park in the area reserved for them unless directed by the crew to park elsewhere.
- That non-adherence to these policies could result in a late charge or revocation of decal parking privileges
To void this decal and terminate the associated parking agreement, a cancellation notice should be presented in writing to the ferry office (843 940 7703).
If you are a newcomer or an old-timer, and if you may need help with plumbing, painting, heating repairs, landscaping, the list below gives you some valuable resources for quick help. If you provide services to the island and are not on the list, just call the Daufuskie Island Ferry. Any updates will also be appreciated.