Daufuskie Island Non-emergency COVID-19 Medical Transport
The following non-emergency COVID-19 medical transport procedures are effective immediately and will be followed until further notice. The purpose of this policy is to transport individuals who are feeling sick to the mainland in a vessel other than the regular ferries.
Individuals who require non-emergency medical transportation will be transported on a water taxi from Melrose Landing to Buckingham Landing during normal business hours.
Individuals who think they are symptomatic will be transported from Melrose Landing to Buckingham in accordance with the following procedures:
• Transportation shall be provided on a separate vessel.
• The crew and vessel will be assigned by Haig Point marine management.
• The captain will determine who will be allowed to accompany the patient.
• The patient will wear a mask.
• The crew will wear a N-95 mask and gloves.
• All present on the boat will maintain a distance of six feet from the patient, if possible.
• The crew will de-contaminate the boat after the patient has left.
• The boat will not be used for passengers until it has been completely de- contaminated.
• A written record of each transport will be submitted to the Director of Transportation.
If an individual on Daufuskie Island requires non-emergency medical transport, they should call the Daufuskie Island Ferry office at 843-940-7704. That individual will provide the office staff with a credit card to be used to cover the $250 taxi fee unless it is waived by confirmation of a doctor visit.
If you have any questions or concerns about Daufuskie Island Ferry policies, please call 843-940-7704. The crew is tasked with operations and is not responsible for company policy.
Parking at Melrose Landing
Notices have been placed on all the cars parked at Melrose Landing advising the owners to call 843-341-8106 to register their vehicles if they wanted to continue parking at the landing. We appreciate your cooperation. If you have any questions, call Captain Richard at 843-341-8106.
Decal Parking Policies
Island Residents who no longer need their parking decals should inform the office that they wish to surrender their decal. Until a decal is surrendered or cancelled due to non-payment or non-adherance to decal parking policies, decal holders agree to the following:
- that decal parking payments of $50.00 per month are due regardless of whether or not the car is parked in the lot.
- that decal parking payments must be made on time whether paying monthly, quarterly, annually or otherwise.
- that lack of timely payment could result in a late charge or revocation of decal parking privileges
- that cars with decals must park in the area reserved for them unless directed by the crew to park elsewhere.
- that non-adherance to these policies may result in revocation of decal parking privileges.
Effective June 30, 2020, decal holders will be given the option to resign or renew their decal parking privileges for the next 12 months.
If you are a newcomer or an old-timer, and if you may need help with plumbing, painting, heating repairs, landscaping, the list below gives you some valuable resources for quick help. If you provide services to the island and are not on the list, just call the Daufuskie Island Ferry. Any updates will also be appreciated.