Preparing, Arriving, Boarding
Some people feel apprehensive about taking a ferry to an island without a bridge. But, don’t be. Taking the ferry is a little like taking an airplane. You still prepare, pack, check in and board. You check your luggage, request assistance with boarding if needed, board a boat instead of a plane and when you arrive, your luggage has been offloaded and is waiting for you. It’s that easy.
Please observe the following general rules of conduct.
- Passengers must wait in the designated waiting area until the boarding call is made.
- Smoking is not allowed on any Daufuskie Island Ferry.
- Firearms are not permitted on any Daufuskie Island Ferry.
- Passengers must be appropriately dressed (shoes and shirts are required).
- Eating is not permitted in the enclosed cabin. Drinking from glass containers is not allowed. Food and beverages are allowed on the aft open deck only.
- Guide dogs or trained personal assistant animals can accompany their owners. Passengers with personal pets must keep them in the designated area.
- Riding Daufuskie Island Ferry is a privilege. Please behave politely and do not disturb others.
- Please use headphones when listening to your radio / CD / MP3 player.
- The Daufuskie Island Ferry service accepts credit cards, and printed tickets which can be purchased on-line. No exceptions will be made. If you have any questions about purchasing Daufuskie Island Ferry tickets, please call 843-940-7704.
- Please make sure to take all belongings when leaving the ferry. If you find something that has been lost, please give it to the staff. Please call the Daufuskie Island Ferry office with lost and found inquiries at 843-940-7704. Daufuskie Island Ferry is not responsible for personal belongings.
Daufuskie Island Ferry Service information: 843-940-7704.