ATTENTION VISITORS TO DAUFUSKIE
Some important things you should know about your trip to Daufuskie.
- If you are just coming for the day, round-trip reservations are $35 per person – children 6 years old and younger travel for free.
- If you are going to spend one or more nights on Daufuskie, round-trip reservations are $45 per person – children 6 years old and younger travel for free.
- One-way reservations can be made on the website or by calling the office at 843-940-7704.
- After you make your ferry reservation, call any of the golf cart companies below and tell them what ferry you are on and they will have your golf cart waiting for you when you arrive.
- If you are staying a few nights, be sure to have land transportation waiting for you to take you and your luggage to your vacation residence.
- Daytime parking is free at the Visitor Center. Parking at Buckingham Landing is reserved for over-night guests.
- Over-night parking at the visitor center, landing, fruit stand or service station is $10 per night not to exceed $100 per month. You will be able to pay for parking when you book your reservation.
Here are some tips to make your trip an easy and enjoyable experience:
- Pack sparingly – The island lifestyle is VERY casual.
- Tag each of your bags with your name and cellphone number.
- Make sure all your bags are closed or zippered to avoid spillage. Boxes to hold open bags such as grocery bags and satchels can be purchased at the dock.
- Plan to carry on all your valuables, medications and breakable items.
- Consider using a grocery shopping service to deliver your groceries to you at the dock:
The Cyber Valet Service Phone : 843-505-8568
Daufuskie Grocery Phone: 843-508-5900. (Daufuskie Specialists)
- Any luggage or other items that you cannot carry on by yourself may be left on the loading platform and the crew will load them into the ferry’s baggage carts. A luggage handling service charge (similar to the gratuity that you would give a valet for equal service) will be due and payable to the crew at the time that your items are loaded.
Transportation on Daufuskie
Whether you are just spending the day or staying longer, you will need land transportation. Golf carts are the transportation of choice although some hardy cyclists rent bicycles. If you are staying over night, you need to arrange transportation from the dock to your rental unit. Some rental properties will have a golf cart for you when you get there. When a property does not include a cart, you may need to rent one for your entire stay. Any one of our preferred golf carts vendors can have a cart waiting for you when you step off the boat.
Daufuskie Carts (electric carts) – 843-997-0062
Island Carts (gas carts) – 843-505-3937
Mungin Creek (gas carts) – 912-844-0222
Tour Daufuskie (gas carts) – 843-842-9449
Fuskie Bikes (electric bicycle rentals) – 843-849-9000
Sports Addiction (bicycle rentals) – 843-815-8281
Daufuskie Transit (transportation between homes & dock) – 843-338-2570
Freddy’s Taxi and Transport and Taxi Service – 843- 368-4238