Important Travel Tips
- If you are just coming for the day, round-trip reservations are $45 per person – children 6 years old and younger travel for free.
- If you are going to spend one or more nights on Daufuskie, round-trip reservations are $55 per person – children 6 years old and younger travel for free.
- One-way reservations to or from Daufuskie are $30 per person.
- If you are staying a few nights, be sure to have land transportation waiting to take you and your luggage to your vacation residence.
- Daytime parking is free at the Visitor Center.
- Over-night parking at the visitor center, fruit stand or service station is $10 per night not to exceed $100 per month. You will be able to pay for parking when you book your reservation or when you arrive at the ferry.
- Over-night parking at the Beaufort County Government Center (4819 Bluffton Parkway, Bluffton 29910) is free. Cars must have a valid, dated parking pass displayed on their dashboard. You can get validated parking passes at the ferry when you unload your luggage.
Packing and Luggage
Please CLICK HERE for details about our Luggage and Packing policies. Here are some tips to make your trip an easy and enjoyable experience:
- Pack as if traveling by plane – The island lifestyle is VERY casual.
- Make sure all your bags are closed or zippered to avoid spillage.
- Coolers greater than 48 quart capacity and open bags such as grocery bags will NOT be accepted.
- One piece of luggage may be carried on by each passenger.
- Each piece of luggage must have at least one luggage ticket.
- A complimentary luggage ticket for one piece of luggage weighing less than 50 pounds is provided to each passenger.
- Luggage tickets ($10 each) must be purchased for each additional piece of luggage.
- Heavy pieces of luggage weighing more than 50 pounds may require more than one luggage ticket.
- Be prepared to pay the crew in cash for their luggage handling services at the time they load your luggage in to the baggage carts. NOTE: This is a fee for services provided and should not be confused with luggage tickets.
- Plan to keep your valuables, and medications with you.
- Consider using a grocery shopping service to deliver your groceries to you at the dock or order from the grocery store on Daufuskie.
D’Fusky Store on Daufuskie Phone: 843-540-1570
Daufuskie Grocery Shopping Service Phone: 843-505-8568
Transportation on Daufuskie
Whether you are just spending the day or staying longer, you will need land transportation. Golf carts are the transportation of choice although some hardy cyclists rent bicycles. If you are staying over night, you need to arrange transportation from the dock to your rental unit. Some rental properties will have a golf cart for you when you get there. When a property does not include a cart, you may need to rent one for your entire stay. Any one of our preferred golf carts vendors can have a cart waiting for you when you step off the boat.
Daufuskie Carts (electric carts) – 843-997-0062
Island Carts (gas carts) – 843-505-3937
Mungin Creek (gas carts) – 912-844-0222
Tour Daufuskie (gas carts) – 843-842-9449
Fuskie Bikes (electric bicycle rentals) – 843-849-9000
Daufuskie Transit (transportation between homes & dock) – 843-338-2570
Freddy’s Transport and Taxi Service – 843- 368-4238